2010年7月5日星期一

Do not ignore low-cost business!

I currently heard about the story of a small chinese auto manufacturer bought the big VOLVO. The small chinese auto manufacturer named Ji Li in Pin Yin who is only 14 years old (not an adult when talks abt human) while VOLVO is already over 80 now. I could not help but wonder how well will the cross-national and cross-age marriage end up?

Similar things hit my ears again this morning that a chinese low-cost competitor Huawei now ranks no.1 in fixed-loine networks in US by knocking down several years operating giant IT and telecommunication american companies. Surprisingly coincidence, I told myself.

Later I feel both news are telling me something deeper. As what I wrote the other day on this google blog that Im currently running a ebus together with a friend here and we both suck at it and I sometimes disappointed and wondering if we are hitting the wrong angle. The above two cases remind me of a very simple principle called holding on.

I guess what Im trying to say is although eBUS is becoming more and more powerful, it takes time to gain momentum, especially for low-cost chanllengers in developed segments of markets.

Wish me luck!

2 条评论:

  1. It is tough to really become competitive quickly and it is not cheap.

    回复删除
  2. Oh Im sad that u r the only one leave comments ever... sign...

    回复删除